Oculus rift and raymarching.

Finally managed to get myself an Oculus rift (especially since it had a massive price drop).
The goal is to get a Raymarching setup running that can be explored and manipulated by the user.

I’ll be using Max/Msp/Jitter to get this one going thanks to the hard work of Graham Wakefield, he created a solid Max package which ran instantly with the Oculus and the touch controllers.

We won another 64k. Evoke 2017.

After taking a well deserved break from working on the Revision demo, I asked the rest of the team if they would like to work on another 64k demo I had in mind for Evoke 2017.
I put the basic storyboard together and the usual suspects all came together. Tropical Trevor had reworked major parts of the tool 65+, the rendering engine received a major overhaul, so it took a little while to get into again. You can check out an awesome explanation on Trevors web-page regarding the tools development and how it works.

We’re very happy with the final results and had an amazing time at the party.
You can stress test your GPU with the exe over at pouet or see the video capture on Youtube

Yup….It’s called Yermom…



Revision 2017 – Winners of the 64k demo with “Eidolon”

So we went to Revision 2017 with the first 64k demo made by Poo-brain and we won.
Absolutely unbelievable…….
It’s been 7 months of work with a small team and it totally paid off (though I would never want to work on a demo for 7 months ever again 😉
Lessons have been learned.
We have our first 64k toolset ( Tropical Trevor is the genius behind that one).
Massive shoutout to:
Tropical Trevor, Wurstgetrank, Glow, Beftex, Maikel ,  Punqtured, Virgill and Gopher (and dino ! )
Last but not least the amazing crew from Revision that make this possible year after year.
Links below
Pouet link for the exe

Update: Working on Visuals for the STRP BIENNALE 2017 exhibition

Today was the first day that me and Andri (sound designer) were able to come together and work in the same space with the rest of the team. Final rules of the system were built into place base upon the feedback of the What If Collective.
All in all, we’re satisfied with the results that were made in such a small window of time. Next up: 2 days of stress-testing! Let’s hope the pc doesn’t burst into flames after 10 hours of runtime…

Come check out the installation at STRP BIENNALE 2017

Signed distance functions to mesh study

I found an excellent web gl page from TD Hooper a while back which converts Signed distance functions into .stl mesh objects.
Heres a link to his page:


I dug up one of my older experiments of displacement from ShaderToy and managed to get it working. It took a while to find the right settings in the exporter as the model gets split up if its too large.
These parts were then stitched together in Blender and then rendered with the Cycles engine.
The next step will be preparing these to use in my DLP 3D printer


Working on the new website

Welcome to the new website! The old one was becoming very difficult to maintain (old tech) so I decided to make the leap to WordPress.
A lot of old media still has to be uploaded, this could take a while as my last computer kicked the bucket (when GPU’s break down its pretty much instantaneous). Finding and transferring those files and getting them to work on different OS versions is going to be a time consuming process.
I hope you enjoy your time here.